Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Beginning

So, I've blogged before, for a University assignment. I enjoyed the class, but I did not enjoy the blog. Largely because it was being marked, I felt like it was being scrutinized (because it was). I was also a bit fearful to continue blogging about my life (on the same blog) because I was concerned that I may have one of those professors again, and I didn't want them to read my personal blog... Really, it all sounds a bit ridiculous now. While I'm sure they had to bookmark my blog during the course, I'll bet they deleted it soon after: I hope.


So, I'm starting again because:
1)Some family members have been reminding me, and harassing me to begin again.
2)I have a pretty awesome life and I would like to brag about it
3)When I am in a bad mood and life feels less-than-awesome I would like to complain about it (I'm a complainer by nature)
4)I have a garden, and I would like to brag about my flourishing lettuce, peas, and beans
5)I like to make things, and I'd like to be able to share my ideas with the world (or whoever is reading)
6)I'm also hoping that this blog can serve as an outlet for my midwifery aspirations (as I am sure my boyfriend (J) is sick of hearing about labour and childbirth...

I also have a pretty awesome new job, and I'm really excited about it. I'll be working at a Co-op Cafe opening in Cedar, as a support worker/barista, working with people with developmental disabilities(providing meaningful employment). It should be in full swing about a week from now, so I'll tell more then.

Because of my constant blog reading (about fashion, sewing, birthing babies, having kids, being a midwife, getting into midwifery school, home decor, furniture... and many more things) I would like to have somewhere to post the blogs I read, and perhaps lead other people to the sites and bloggers that I love.

Maybe blogging will encourage my sister to blog again (Hey, I'm talking to you!)

I have a whole summer ahead of me to figure this out and to get in the habit of posting. So here goes.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, okay. I will get into this again too. If mum can find the time, I should also. I worry that it is boring and self-indulgent, but the truth is, no one is forced to read it, and it is a good way to focus on the positive things in life, a reminder of how lucky we are.

    And you should post photos too...!

    JG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think blogs are largely self-indulgent. Who cares. I will post some photos! Perhaps of my garden!

    ReplyDelete